Please read the following information regarding our application process and leasing qualifications carefully before signing. It is our policy that applications must be complete, INCLUDING COPY OF GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID, and all fees paid prior to submission for consideration. All completed applications are processed on a daily basis (Mon-Fri). All approved applications for the same property are submitted for final decision. If you have any questions about the process, please call the listing agent before applying.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND LEASING QUALIFICATIONS FOR HELEN PAINTER PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- At Application: $55 NON-REFUNDABLE application fee for each person living in property age 18 and older and each co-signer.
- At Lease Signing: Security Deposit in cashier check or money order
- At Move-in: One month’s Rent, $130 Move-in Fee, $150/pet NON-REFUNDABLE Pet Fee (if applicable), Pet Deposit (if applicable).
- A separate application is required for each person who will be living in the property age 18 and older.
- Each applicant (a co-signer is considered an applicant for the purposes of qualifications) must submit a $55 NON-REFUNDABLE application fee.
- When approved you will have three (3) business days to sign the Lease Agreement and submit your Security Deposit.
- Each applicant must provide valid federal, state, local or foreign government issued photo ID with application.
- False information given on the application may be cause for automatic rejection.
- Invalid social security number on the application may be cause for automatic rejection.
- Incomplete application,including payment of fees and incomplete forms, will not be processed.
- Property Owners have the right of final approval of applicants.
- The application process usually takes 2-3 business days. This is contingent on how quickly we receive information from your employers and your previous landlords.
INCOME AND EMPLOYMENT:
- You must have current, verifiable employment and monthly income 3 times the amount of rent.
- Roommates must qualify separately with monthly income at least 2 times the rent for each roommate.
- A signed New Hire Letter or signed contract from future employer may suffice.
- An applicant who does not meet all requirements (such as a full time student) will require a cosigner or guarantor who meets all requirements. Please call our office for a Guarantor Application Addendum to the regular application.
- Self-employed applicants must provide one of the following: i) copy of previous 6 months’ bank statements indicating a stable income source; or ii) copy of previous year’s tax return – signed; or iii) a letter from your attorney or CPA certifying that your income meets our qualifications. Increased Security Deposit may apply.
- If you have additional income you would like us to consider, (child support, social security, etc) you must provide 6 months proof of funds.
- You must have good, current rental history for a minimum of one year or a verifiable current mortgage history.
- If you do not have rental history, you will need a co-signer.
- Applicants with an eviction on their record or owing money to a previous landlord will not be approved until they can provide verification that previous landlord debts have been paid satisfactorily.
- Applicants not accepted with a history of Forcible Entry & Detainers (evictions) unless you have verifiable documentation of landlord irresponsibility.
- Any applicant with a history of any damage to the residence may not be approved
- Applicants with bankruptcy in the past 2 years that has not been discharged/released may not be approved
- If you have an outstanding federal tax lien, the repayment terms for which are not current, you may not be approved.
- Your credit score must be at least 600. If you do not have any credit score you will need a co-signer.
- Your credit history must show that you have paid bills on time and do not have a history of collections and bad debt write-offs.
- Exceptions for medical reasons or prior bankruptcy will be considered.
- Your application may be rejected for having an undisclosed criminal record, felony or misdemeanor; including currently pending charges
- Registered as a sex offender or conviction of spousal abuse may be cause for automatic rejection.
- Application may be denied due to certain criminal history (HPPM Criminal Background Criteria available upon request).
- Varies from owner to owner. Pets are approved on an individual basis. Some owners allow pets while other owners restrict size and type.
- Non-refundable Pet Fee is $150/pet. This covers spraying and disinfecting upon move-out. If extra damages occur, tenant will be responsible for all charges.
- Pet Deposit varies by size and breed. This deposit is in addition to the required Security Deposit. Once paid, the Pet Deposit becomes part of the Security Deposit for all purposes.
- Aggressive breeds are not allowed and include but are not limited to the following: Pit Bull, Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terrier, Rottweiler, Doberman, German Shepherd, Mastiff, Chow and any combination of these breeds.
- No more than two occupants per bedroom and one child under the age of twenty-four months. A “bedroom” is defined in Texas Property Code 92.010(d)(2). These occupancy standards do not apply to anyone protected under the Federal Fair Housing Guidelines as they relate to familial status.
- Exceptions to occupancy limits may be made due to physical characteristics of the property.
- All properties are non-smoking.
- No waterbeds.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- The property will remain on the market during the approval process until the security deposit is paid and the lease is signed.
- All forms, applications and documentation become the property of Helen Painter Property Management Co, LLC.
- Applicants should satisfy any concerns regarding sex offenders in any area where they might consider residing. This information is available free of charge at www.records.txdps.tx.us/sexoffender.
- Applicants are responsible for verifying schools and square footage.
Helen Painter Property Management Co, LLC does business in accordance with the Federal, Texas and Local Fair Housing Law and does not knowingly discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, mental or physical disability, familial status, sexual orientation age or national origin